Reply to a post below.

Profile picture Kathy Winter
Remember when......
Hi this is the place to put all of the those great memories....
Like who remembers Driver's Ed with Mr Smith?
Profile picture Traci Ingram Re: Remember when......
Wait!!! Before this gets rolling, does anybody know the Statute of Limitations for a misdemeanor?
Profile picture Taye Warfield Re: Remember when......
How could we forget .... especially if you were lucky enough to have to ride in the car with him!!
Profile picture Jimmie Briggs Re: Remember when......
Do any of you remember being in drivers ed with me? Mr. Smith didn't believe that my legal name was Jimmie. I didn't have my permit yet so I had no way of proving it. Several of you in the class got a good laugh out of the situation as did I. Mr. Smith sent me to Dean Beck because he felt I wasn't being truthful about my name. "italian fathers idea of a joke to name his daughter after himself" Shortly Dean Beck called back to Mr. Smith and assured him I was JIMMIE!
LOL so yes... I REMEMBER DRIVERS ED AND MR.SMITH..
Profile picture Alison King Re: Remember when......
Mr. Smith and the sips he would take from his "cough medicine bottle"....Anyone ever ask what he was really sipping? haha and let's not forget the horror car crash movies on Fridays he referred to as "Strawberry Shortcake".
Profile picture Taye Warfield Re: Remember when......

alig8rade wrote:

"Mr. Smith and the sips he would take from his "cough medicine bottle"....Anyone ever ask what he was really sipping? haha and let's not forget the horror car crash movies on Fridays he referred to as "Strawberry Shortcake"."
I will never forget the "Strawberry Shortcake Movies" and his "cough syrup sipping"! What a "hoot" he was.........how about his "car antenna" he would carry around!!
Profile picture Olga (Beth) Plant, Ph.D. Re: Remember when......

tayewarfield wrote:

"I will never forget the "Strawberry Shortcake Movies" and his "cough syrup sipping"! What a "hoot" he was.........how about his "car antenna" he would carry around!!"
I didn't take driver's ed...but he was my homeroom teacher for 2 years and we had to sit in the gym of all places. He cracked open his briefcase first thing in the morning and drank his "cough syrup". How in the heck did that man stay employed?
Profile picture Joseph (Joe) Ciampini Re: Remember when......

BethWhHeart wrote:

"I didn't take driver's ed...but he was my homeroom teacher for 2 years and we had to sit in the gym of all places. He cracked open his briefcase first thing in the morning and drank his "cough syrup". How in the heck did that man stay employed? "
I'll never forget the famous quote "STOP...does not mean Squeal Tires On Pavement or Smoke Tires On Pavement...it means Stop Tires On Pavement". I'll be sure to use that analogy with my kids when they start driving!
Profile picture Jeff Robbins Re: Remember when......
Yea, drivers ed and cough syrup. Nothing like a codiene addicted drivers ed teacher to bring out the stunt driver in you.
Profile picture david "mark" swinney Re: Remember when......

jkrmga wrote:

"Yea, drivers ed and cough syrup. Nothing like a codiene addicted drivers ed teacher to bring out the stunt driver in you."
no ac in drivers ed mr.smith would say "leave the door open so the air will circulate so we dont suffocate."
Profile picture Traci Ingram Re: Remember when......

jkrmga wrote:

"Yea, drivers ed and cough syrup. Nothing like a codiene addicted drivers ed teacher to bring out the stunt driver in you."
I'll never forget that red/orange car that had brakes on both sides. My driving partners on the course were Tony White and Susan Ward. One day when it was Tony's turn to drive, Susan kept slamming on the brakes from the passenger side to make the tires squeal. I was in the back seat cracking up! Yep, we walked that course many times. Sorry Tony....
Profile picture elaine collins Re: Remember when......

tracigay wrote:

"I'll never forget that red/orange car that had brakes on both sides. My driving partners on the course were Tony White and Susan Ward. One day when it was Tony's turn to drive, Susan kept slamming on the brakes from the passenger side to make the tir"
How about Mr. Lutz teamed up with Mr Smith?